Thursday, May 7, 2009

T42: Music

I love my husband's iPod. In an effort to maintain the complete disclosure that I've been striving for, it is important to note that I was anti-iPod at the beginning. Didn't understand it, didn't want one, didn't see what all the hoopla was.

Two weeks ago, when he point blank asked me what the kids should get me for Mother's Day, I suggested my very own nano.

Times change. *shrug*

Music format has changed. I remember getting my very first record album. (Conway Twitty, thank you very much.) I remember what a big leap it was for me to stop buying cassettes and to start buying cds. Then I could go onto iTunes and only buy the songs I wanted. Whoa.

Now, I go to Pandora and say "Michael Buble" and *POOF* a whole station of Michael Buble-esque music exists for me. It's almost like being in love.

Will internet radio replace broadcast? Hard to say...so many stations now give you the option of listening to their broadcast online at work that people can hang out with their favorite DJs. For those of us who like commercial free, and go to other sources to get the weather and the traffic, this may be the next great thing.

No comments: