Monday, May 4, 2009

T40: Another reason to love Google.

Let Me Google That For You may possibly be my most favorite website ever. I always thought that Google might have a sarcastic edge and this just confirms it. All the more reason to love my boyfriend.

My mother is going to be getting lots of urls from there.

I also Warhol-ed my friend's baby, which is exactly what I told her in the email when I sent the jpg file to her this morning. Her response: "Um, thanks?"



Here's what I'm finding out about mashups: If you can imagine a web tool, it has probably been created. I found out that my community is very walkable. I spun the wheel to find out where I should have lunch if I was in my hometown today. Mostly I played with the different mashups, just to see what was available. They are easy to use, once you find the thing you want.

I'm 40 Things into the challenge and here's the one thing I would like to make patrons understand: the tools are out there, you just have to not be afraid to tinker.

No comments: