Sunday, May 3, 2009

T38: Screencasting

Bloggy World, I have a confession to make: I am a Mac user.

I am surprised that this is the first time that this has come up during my misadventures through 23 Things and More Things. Maybe I've mentioned it before, maybe not. At any rate, all of my blog posts and the research/homework leading up to them take place via my mac. I'm most likely sitting on the glider with my feet propped up, laptop on my lap, coffee on the window ledge.

More of a visual than you needed?

So. To get back to the point, I already have the ever easy to use Grab It feature installed, no download necessary. My Mac-fluent spouse gave me a little tutorial on it last night, which was very helpful. I captured some images and loaded them into document and really just tinkered. What this couldn't do for me was provide video captures.

To that end, I started an account at ScreenToaster.

Easy to use. Endless possibilities. Think about this: Our system has subscriptions to all types of databases. Many of these great resources are under-used by the public in part because they don't know how to use them and we as a staff do not have the time to do the same tutorial over and over. A screen cast of basic instructions on the library blog would be incredibly helpful.

And, as always, my homework:


No comments: