Monday, March 10, 2008

T9: editing documents

Security clearance was received and so I ventured into the world of collaboration and online editing.

The tools were easy to use. A basic understanding of word processing tools was all that was needed.

I wasn't more or less impressed with either tool. Zoho Writer, Google Docs...didn't seem to make a difference to me. I see where these are useful tools for collaborating. I don't see myself jumping on the collaboration train and riding it to the next station. Is that because I'm not working on any projects that require collaboration? Could be. Maybe six months from now, Zoho Writer will be my best friend.

As for my founding fathers and what they would think? I believe they would respect our right to do what's been done, but be appalled at what has happened. Quite frankly, I couldn't bring myself to edit the Declaration of Independence. Some things are better left untouched.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love reading your blog; you're so funny! You got "security clearance" now...funny.

Anyway, I think you're right, maybe down the line when you actually do need to collaborate with someone some of these tools will be your best friend, but for now you at least know about them.

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach