Sunday, March 2, 2008

T8b: Self Discovery

I've been A.W.O.L. I'd love to say I've been somewhere exotic. Not true, unless you count the produce department and almost purchasing starfruit. I'd love to say that I've been overwhelmed with work. Also not true, at least for the most part. Overwhelmed by laundry, but that tends to be self inflicted.

I thought about my absence from the world of 23 things and today I realized why: I don't like Thing 8.

Up to Thing 8, I was excited to try the new tools and experience the technology. Thing 8 is just driving me crazy. And because of my concrete sequential tendencies, I am incapable of skipping it and coming back to it later. So still I putter.

As previously established, I am not a picture sharer. So I struggle with the uploading of pictures for some of these projects. I'm also not a picture taker, which makes uploading difficult as best.

That said, I think these tools are all easy to use and could become addicting to the right person. I have scrapbooking friends who love this stuff. I also think that as I get more organized in my non-library job, I could find lots of uses for these tools.

As for sharing documents, do I have a better way? No. I have a comfortable, old way that works for me and while this may not be the most efficient, it is what I know.

There. That is all I have to say about Thing 8. With all due respect, I'm moving on to Thing 9.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

If you really don't like Thing 8, then I'm glad you moved on. I appreciate your thoughts as to why you don't like it and why you wouldn't use it. At least you're aware of these things now, so in the future if someone in your library wants to do something like this, you can be an expert on where to find the info! :)

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach