Thursday, March 27, 2008

T13: Productivity Tools

Guess who just realized that there are 16 days left to finish 23 Things! That's right, me. I skimmed ahead a bit and I am looking forward to several of the next Things, which makes me more motivated to work on them. So that's good, I think.

I already had several of these productivity tools set up. I {heart} my laptop's dashboard. Weather, time, calculator and dictionary all at the tip of my fingers. That gets used several times a day.

I am a list maker. I like lists, I like the satisfaction of crossing off items. For me, a big part of that is the physical act, the strong mark of the pencil on the paper. While I am not opposed to the idea of Backpack or Joe's Goals, I am not yet a convert.

I was most excited about Remember the Milk, at least in reference to library usage. Many of our patrons have wondered why we can't email them before items are overdue, just like we offer email notification for holds. Of course, the idea is nice, the logistics are complicated. Remember the Milk can help with this. I'm hoping to poke around that site a bit more so I can recommend it to these people in the near future. It may decrease fines, which is good for the patron and a happy patron makes a happy library.

No comments: