Wednesday, April 9, 2008

T21:Socializing

I accidentally joined Ning a couple of weeks ago when my branch manager was a few steps ahead of me on this little endeavor. So that made this easier. I looked at 43 Things, but opted to not join. I guess that's okay. I'll finish these 23 things before I try to accomplish 43 life goals.

Baby steps.

For as much as I love the internet and all the freedom it has given me, I'm having a really hard time socializing in cyperspace. I'm waiting to see what happens, but I'm sure I'll only get out of it what I put in. I'm more curious to see what happens with Facebook than I am with Ning.

Social networks are another aspect of technology that are making the world seem smaller. Swapping recipes with someone on the other side of the world, playing Bingo and chatting with someone in California, finding the ex boyfriend I haven't thought about since high school. Suddenly, the world is smaller than ever.

Is that good? The jury is still out.

No comments: