Wednesday, April 9, 2008

T20: Facebook

I have a friend who told me 6 months ago to get on Facebook. I hemmed and hawed, not wanting to put myself out there. What if no one writes on my wall or invites me to be their friend? It seemed like another way to promote rejection of myself.

But because I really want to finish these 23 Things and because after reading about it, Facebook seems interesting and because maybe my boss at a different job told me having a Facebook account was a really, really good idea that she strongly recommends, I did it. Facebook. There I am.

I still have trouble putting personal details of myself out there. It freaked me out a little when Facebook was able to access my email address book and send emails to potential friends. But really, a pretty painless procedure.

Now I can wait for something to happen. And maybe find a few people that I had lost years ago.

I had a MySpace account awhile ago, for some weird reasons that I won't go into. I think Facebook is much easier to use, to set up and to play with, which may be part of the reason it is growing so fast. I like the idea of networking, I just am not very good at it. Hopefully, this will help.

On a personal note, I'm in the home stretch, with only 3 things to go. Two of them are opinion based and I have plenty of those, so I think I'm wrapping this up. Yay me!

No comments: