Friday, February 13, 2009

T26: Ninging

I had joined Ning during round 1 of 23 Things. The first time around, I just joined and had a very basic profile. Ning came after Facebook that time and since I was (and still am) a Facebook-aholic, I just didn't get that into it.

Today, I joined the group for my library system, left a comment for a friend, updated my profile info and added the Ning badge to my blog and Facebook.

I don't find Ning to be as useful or interesting as other social networking sites I've tried. This could be my Facebook bias, but I really don't see myself keeping up with Ning, other than through this experience. I would like to think that I could make Ning useful to my branch, but I struggle to see how.

I also find it interesting that while working on this thing, 3 different people asked me what I was doing and none of them had even heard of Ning.

Hmm.

No comments: