Friday, April 17, 2009

T31: Twittering

Let's just get this out of the way: I deleted my twitter account.

Whew! I feel better getting that off my chest.

Do I update my Facebook status? Yes. Daily. But it gets updated because I'm doing other things on Facebook. I seldom, if ever, log in to specifically change my status. It is incidental to the rest of the things I use Facebook for.

I was following a few people, but they were people whose blogs I read and I found that I didn't need a blow by blow account of their day. I tried following Southwest Airlines, just to keep up with the deals, but that wasn't really working for me either.

Most of my status updates were essentially asking the question: Am I interesting enough to do this?

A few people were following me. A couple of friends from high school, a couple of bloggers from 23 Things and some random stranger. That creeped me out a bit, I'll admit it.

What stage am I at in my twittering? Novice, skeptic, non-user. At least for me, on a personal level.

Ironically, this is one of the tools I would most like to devise a plan for and implement into our branch. With the quick comings and goings of books and events, Twitter would be a great tool to spread the word.

What is Twitter? Twitter just is. At this point, that's all I can say.

No comments: