Friday, February 8, 2008

A Thing of My Own

Look at me, being all technologically savvy: I just finished my very first webinar. Ninety minutes of "People Watching with A Purpose." To be truthful, it wasn't quite what I expected content-wise, but informative and enjoyable just the same. I loved how the panel was very concerned with "fostering" things. As librarians, we have a responsibility to foster relationships, leadership, engagement and a host of other "-ships" and "-ments".

What did I learn? Good to summarize because I have to fill out a TR3 when I get to work today...not even sure what that is, but every day is an adventure...

I have close to two dozen websites to look at, a list of c-words to put into context in my community, permission to partner with patrons, a few ideas to bring to my manager and the Friends group and a notebook filled with weird doodles and crazy notes that will only make sense to me.

A different experience, this webinar, one that I may revisit. After all, it isn't every day I can attend a major training event in my pajamas.

No comments: