Friday, February 1, 2008

Mix-ups, mash-ups and screw-ups.

Also known as Thing 5.

I've been playing with Fickr's mash-up affiliates for days. I did the clock, I made several puzzles, I did a color search, I tried the caption-er...been there, done that. While interesting, I didn't find anything that I thought would be a remarkable addition to this blog adventure. I do, however, understand the importance of tangible proof, and so I offer this:


H E A D
F O Bead Letter N E S


There. I spelled with random photos.

I'm struggling with this Flickr thing. Maybe I'm not thinking far enough outside the box. The kind blogging prompts suggests that these applications would be excellent for promotions and posters. While I agree with the notion, the system I work for generates all our publicity in house and as a branch assistant, I am not involved in the creative process. I send in the dates, title and other pertinent information and the fabulous people at our headquarters produce high quality, promotional materials. (Am I sucking up? Maybe just a little.)

I respect this process because it guarantees the system control and continuity over their image.

It is also suggested that we could make librarian trading cards and I'll admit that I laughed out loud at this one. I can't imagine being on a trading card, convincing the rest of the staff to do it or actually trading the cards. It would make for an interesting challenge, considering our system stretches out for 32 branches. Could I collect them all?

I'm trying to be open minded about this whole Flickr process, but I'm struggling. Is it me? Am I that inept when it comes to all Things photo? We'll see in the stunning conclusion to the Flickr Trio of Things: Thing 6.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

minnemom said...

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one with doubts about this Thing's usefulness. You echoed a lot of my thoughts.

Karen said...

I like your idea of branch trading cards! Maybe it would encourage patrons to visit all of our branches!