Saturday, February 2, 2008

And the verdict...

How do I truly feel about Flickr and the affiliate sites?

Link
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Do I see the merits? "Yes," she said with hesitation.


I have to refer back to this post. I don't make my own promotional material, at least for the most part. Some smaller, in house jobs may be prettied up with these tools and I get that. I do. I see where it could be addicting and yes, I'll probably refer to these tools from time to time.

What I see as being more helpful is that I now have a general knowledge of Flickr and others so that when patrons come in and try to use the tools, I don't have to stare politely and wonder what language they are speaking. There's hope for me yet, in that respect.

The trading card thing still boggles my mind, although based on the prompts (love my blogging prompts) I was able to brainstorm a list of possible uses. Author facts, SLP information, character collections...I get the idea now, at least better than I did yesterday. And, as per 23 things' request, I made my own at Big Huge Labs.



I told my husband that it was a first in a series of "Rescued Strays" and since most trading card series are at least 10, it would be best if we visited the shelter today.

He wasn't impressed.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Sorry to hear you're not so into Flickr, because I love it, but it's completely understandable. There is no way you could use all these tools along the 23 Things journey, so feel free to pick and choose which would be best for you.

It's good to at least know about Flickr, though, and maybe in the future you'll be a convert. :)

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach